PUNK POETRY: Will I still love me by Hannah Njoki

Will I still love me?

They said I talked too much

So I said less

Said I wore a whole lot

So I exposed more

Said I lacked a social life

So parties became my life

Said I loved too much

So I began loving less

With every complaint they levied

I made a change

Because I craved their attention

Because I longed for love

But the person in the mirror became unrecognizable

With the more recognition I got

And I began to forget

What I really loved

And as I stared into blank space

I thought about it

Because while I got their love

I had forgotten how it felt

To look at myself and smile

And all I could think is

Now that they all love me

Do I still love myself?


-Hannah Njoki 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)