EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)

Hey, pals! 

Due to an incredible influx of acceptances (we're stacked for pubs until AUGUST), we had to temporarily shut our doors. 

I am delighted to announce we are again OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS

We've updated our guidelines; please read thoroughly before sending your awesome words/art/whatever. 


AND!!!! 

I am VERY excited to announce a new branch of the magazine! 

For the first time, Punk Monk is open to review requests! 


We will be reviewing books, collections, novellas, chapbooks, and microchaps. (Fiction, poetry, non-fiction, art, hybrid, ANYTHING accepted.) Our aim is to publish 1-4 reviews a month.  

All reviews will be written by me, C.E. Hoffman


This has been a long time coming, inspired by my personal frustrations seeking cool alt lit spaces that accept ARCs for review. 

Many mags accept pre-written reviews, but won't review works in-house. This creates an unfortunate barrier for authors trying to promote their work. 

I want to help reduce that barrier. Writers MUST support other writers, particularly when we are aligned with the same or a similar vision. It is an ethical imperative. 


That said, my time is valuable (as is yours!), so I will be charging an honorarium of $30 CAD per review. (A bargain if you're in the States or the UK!) Payments will be made via Paypal; Canadian authors are free to use a bank etransfer if desired. (Review requests are totally free; payment will be rendered upon acceptance for review.) 

 

Please query to punkmonkmagazine(at)gmail(dot)com. 

Email title: Review Request: Book Title by Your Name. (Eg. Review Request: Come and Join the Dance by Joyce Johnson.) 


PASTE book jacket blurb, author bio, publisher name, and a one-page sample in email. (If no publisher name is provided, I will assume the work is self-published.) 


If interested, I will reply with instructions on where to send payment, after which you can send me your ebook/ARC/review copy. I may request more info (eg., purchase/pre-order link, book cover image.) 

I will only publish positive reviews (or raves!) and therefore will only review books I can sincerely laud.

  

Please submit works that fit the ethos/vibe of our press. 

Previously published Punk Monk authors are strongly encouraged to send review requests! 

You are free to submit on another writer's behalf as long as you possess all the above material/information. Publishers are VERY welcome to submit review requests.  


Can't wait to read your work! (As usual.💕)



All good things,


C.E. Hoffman 

EIC Punk Monk Magazine



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown