Josie

but better days have come


            i wipe the sweat


            smell piss on my knuckles


            abortion residue


            drips down my leg


            dogs will piss on my grave


i’m coming into a moon


            full of pock marks


            jealous old lantern


            lights my night


            lights my route


            down rockaway blvd


            into blue-black alleys


            where i give 20 dollar blowjobs


and in the morning i see Rico at the newsstand


            he gives me free smokes


            tells me to get some money to my kids


            who live with my mother


            or my sister


            maybe even a foster fondler


            who will rip little wombs open


crack

            i need my smack


            i need this pipe


            my lover


            my healer


            i smoke to God


            smoke to the moon


            and forget every crab corroding my body


            every pimp


            that yanked fist fulls of hair from my head


            forget the Siph


            the Gonorrhea


            the HIV


 lead me not into temptation


            i have done only evil


            it fires my peacepipe


            i inhale over and over


            over and over


            i wake up on the street corner


            in the back seat of a car


            in my lice infested bed


            want more


            can’t not want
--Donna Dallas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)