a place in my mind

there's a place in my mind
where the flowers grow wild
I'd dance there for hours when I was a child
I go to that place when I feel all alone
that place with the flowers is where I feel home


I'd lie in the grass and stare at the sky
pictures in my mind of the clouds that pass by
the vines all around would grow over my body
and cover my eyes like the dark that surrounds me


when I breathe in the air the sweet sounds of harmony
the ground that rumbles so softly beneath me
nobody can come to this place in my mind
this place is too precious for those of your kind




--Riesa McCumsey 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)