PUNK POETRY: Sleepover by Morgan Boyer

Sleepover 


Lights off & wink at me next 

To the 1996 fax machine, 

Watch my comedic fall onto

A sea of fibers woven into circles, 

Our 3:31am game of mafia 

Has just concluded


As I listen to you read off 

Christian-approved questions, 

I recall the way the cookie layer

Of the DQ birthday cake 

Dripped down your lower lips 

While coated in melted vanilla soft serve


Years after your newly-divorced mother

picked you up in her Subaru minivan, 

And you flew off to the West Coast 

To become a militant vegan, I still recall

The nights we laid in plastic bags 

As the dawn of change drew near 


--Morgan Boyer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown