PUNK PROSE: Homage to My Mother by Marc Isaac Potter

… as he looked up …   his hand brushed –  sharply, pushed really – the glass of hot coffee over on his computer, and he was seen swearing around the village for generations …  Birds whose names start with “t” are as follows (pause) :

 

Robin –

Weeping willow

Campbell’s soup

Thomas Payne

The TV series MADMEN

Dancing  ( pause, dance, pause dance )  …


 …  when my mother, my true and honest mother, my theatrical, demonstrative,  “come get the funny while you can” mother died … All the men in Holland baked apple pies  …  Whereas the Northerners were called carpetbaggers because they were migrating to South Carolina. 

 

How many children are dying?  UNICEF says that 29,000 children are dying each day. 

My father fell face down in the mud and then swore never to drink again.


--Marc Isaac Potter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)