PUNK POETRY: Bite Marks by Melanie Sutton

You took the words right out of my mouth,
Sitting in that tree so many months ago.
A tree older than time itself.
Seeded before the bastard sons of our grandfathers grandfathers
came across the ocean to rape and colonize this land. 
You rolled your spliff so tight,
Nestled in the crotch of your fingers.
Your teeth shining down on me, 
I didn't think in that moment that three months later I'd be falling in love with you,
And three months later you'd be breaking my heart,
And three months after that I'd be sober.
The heart corrupts the mind,
Much like cocaine. 
That flood of euphoria and arousal, 
How I can't get enough
Of your eyes,
Your nose,
Your scent,
Your hips,
Your breast, 
Your teeth,
Because when you bite,
You leave marks,
And when that smile wanes across your lips,
You leave scars, 
Long after we have parted ways I'm still thinking about you. 
Your bite.
Your smile.
Long after we have been together,
I still think about you. 
I still think,
I'm still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)