Two Poems by J. L. Smith

Editor's Note: In Manchester, I met an amazing artist. He was homeless, selling his poetry page by page. He sold me two for the price of one and I promised to publish them via my humble e-zine. Here they are. Let's hope we hear more from him! 


Me Myself and I 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat on the edge Society
wondering why I'm not a priority 
what's come of my life, come over me 
my life's in tatters can't you see 
beggin at the bank every day
get a job get a life people say 
i get not benefits just what people give 
to buy food and drink to help me live 
i live on the street a doorway's my bed 
people think I'm thick in the head 
it's just Me Myself and I 
nobody wants me do you know why 
don't I deserve to live with a smile 
to make my life worth the while... 


Street Life
~~~~~~~~
on the street I have no home 
in a doorway all alone 
at night it gets so very cold 
no one for warmth to cuddle or hold 
day after day it's always the same 
people rushin past in the fast lane 
somewhere to go something to do 
oh why can't I have a life like you 
instead I'm sat here on my pitch 
waitin and prayin to get that hitch 
i have my regulars that stop with a smile 
that makes gettin cold worth the while 
sat out here is like Ground Hog Day 
so until I get my break it's just 
the way... 


--J. L. Smith



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)