Both our houses are damn fine places

 
You’re dark and pretty
and I’m too blonde.
 
You’re petite and
             probably a
   little shy.
 
              And I’m gaudy and
                               rough enough not to
                                                            care.
 
You’re no-doubtedly elegant and
                                          quick,
                                but I have sturdier wheels.
 
Even your man would probably
                                           drive us
                                           differently.
 
He might kiss you more.
He might beat on me a little harder.
 
 
 
--Misty Rampart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)