PUNK PROSE: I want to be a whore by Gabrielle Everall

I want to be a whore

 

I don’t want to be a virgin. I want to be a whore. I’m sick of waiting like Penelope. But unlike Penelope I don’t even have suitors. I wouldn’t unstitch I would fuck. I refuse to release my soul from my body like a philosophical man. I don’t want to be sequestered in the measured boredom of weaving or the waves of the ocean. I’m sick of misrecognition. I want to recognise him/her/they. I want to recognise my love. I want to recognise my lust. I want to recognise my desire. I don’t want to wait twenty years. I don’t want a fearful marriage.



--Gabrielle Everall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)