PUNK POETRY: My Fervent Identification by Matthew Freeman

What’s a metaphor for making beautiful 

things which can’t everyone see 

that’s beautiful and also 

everything that’s beautifully transpired 

 

and sometimes it seems there’s so much time 

and at others just like look up at Saturn 

referring to you putting your bare feet 

into the sand the moment the elevator rattles 

 

and wakes you so what if I were actually free 

and gave it all up and retired I know 

retired from what and no one was screaming 

or demanding something I don’t have to give 

 

and I were somewhere where you become 

hyperbolic in the face of a crumbling 

constitution and a dissolving symbolic and say 

I’m just a beatnik, I’ve always been a beatnik. 



--Matthew Freeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)