PUNK POETRY: On the Demolition of Our Home... by Candice M. Kelsey


On the Demolition of our Home, after Renting for Eight Years

                        

Look closer

you’ll see me

in the window 

double-hung open

curtains cinched 

like Cinderella’s funeral shroud

just left of the front porch

above the pink lemonade bush

sitting on my bed

typing & crying & cursing

you with your fancy car

big real estate purchase

cell phone boldness 

just getting some shots 

for the demolition

the new construction

for your condos

you’ll notice back at the office

a funny shadow in the frame 

squint a little harder

that’s my middle finger

pointing straight up 

like the hour-hand 

announcing midnight at the ball 

small but you can see 

the pumpkin you’re smashing

is my family.


-Candace M. Kelsey 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)