Club Night


Afraid of abundance,
too long at the bottom.
blessed I stood,
bright male,
brilliance magnified.
in the inner city,
and yet,
shivering in the warm,
terrified of cash
and neon
and the women ...
anyone of them
could be the one,
and there were these
horrifying mixed drinks
that I could suddenly afford,
and the face in the mirror
behind the bar ...
no longer a child ...
I wanted to lie down,
lick the floor,
make it my home ...
I was born blue,
but now grown
whatever color
the strobe light
would have me ...
not forgetting music,
throbbing, throbbing,
so heavy on the beat,
my heart's dominatrix.



--John Grey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)