Swallow


this is not empowerment it's enchantment
this is a basic hunger
this is me owning up to my self absorption
this is the same day over and over again


i am clean
memories are not drawn in chalk
they are solid
i can feel the weight
i can feel everything


your fingertips
your bottom lip...
everything


there was no first time
there was no last time
blood is thicker than water
it won't stop raining


you will never think of this the way i think of this
though we are doing the same thing


i remember
when words were bonds
and now we tie things in bed sheets


there is no recovery time
there is no redemption
i swallow your secrets
and wait for them to burn me alive.


--Karissa Satchwell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)