Dedication

I want to cut a small slit in the skin of his forearm
Pull back the skin from muscle-
Banana peel from the fruit
Cuddle into the fetal position
and live in the sleeping bag of his body

He could carry me, tucked under shirt sleeves that
are yanked down around his bony wrists
Jostled when he drums on the steering wheel
sitting in carbon scented traffic

He could take me out during showers
place me on the clam shaped soap dish
I could whisper the time to him when he needs it
and I would be a piece of him
until the blood poisoning set in.

--Danielle Donaldson

Comments

  1. So good! Is there a link to anymore of her work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes: http://danielledonaldson.squarespace.com/portfolio/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)