These Drunken Ramblings

There are some nights when I love
my life
albeit whiskey-soaked and
karaoke-laden with slutty
passes at
bearded men.

My former life was
liquid
flammable
liver...unfriendly
poor
but the happiest life
I've ever had,
the best
I could ever
imagine.

Songs meant something and sex
meant more,
especially with post-suicide
Elliot Smith,
depressed
and urging you to
fuck on,
young soldiers,
fuck on.

As much as I grasp at it,
my unsatisfactory life
pays my bills
stamping me into the masses
unfortunate
unwelcoming
reformed
unhappy people.

I don't want to die
like this
sated. fat.
but not alive.

Still
Siouxie and her bansees
never
bring me home.

And I have
just one more
donut,
sugar to
sate
my libido,
my life,

my soul.




--Jessica Gleason

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)