PUNK POETRY: please let me suck you into the gender void by Madeleine Chan

a dysmorphic curl at the hospital as a nurse asks the last period from the curve of a breast

do i owe you gender? is it a complement to your witting gaze? a pair to your judgement?

just let me exist


but if you want, land your gaze on my world of false earth with caverns of conceit and mirrors of malady that allow light that shuns

so you know of the hole of hatred and heart that surrounds my head


i don’t owe you gender as you don’t owe me your life as it stands a picture of bodily content

while i wither under your gaze of wandering woe waiting for when i fall back into the black earth

that covers the inside of my skin and wishes it could swallow me whole


--Madeleine Chan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)