PUNK POETRY: Meditations on a woman... by Kit Stitches

Meditations on a woman who wore sunflowers and represented an organization that told me my accessibility needs were unreasonable and arguably crazy 

 

Fuck your sunflowers that you’ve turned into safety pins/this is not about solidarity or peace/no I do not want war/I do not want us to invade/I wear a sunflower because it is a fucking threat/let this grow out of your pockets when you are bones/you thought you could kill us/do what you want we are cockroaches/I don’t care if that’s morbid I don’t care if I’m morbid have you looked outside at all?/you could say I’m screaming into the void but listen if I can still scream you haven’t shut me up yet/they said I was rude/ called my art bitchy and whiny and annoying/there is something undeniably feminine* about my h y s t e r i a/ Joan of Arc didn’t carry a sword she carried a banner/ I have never hit anyone not even a Nazi/I thought about it and I’m glad some people do/I support it entirely/my first activism was trying to stop them from cutting down a tree/I couldn’t stop it but they gave me a book about a woman who lived in a tree so no one could cut it down / I raised $25 for her organization and sent it to her/ she wrote me back and told me to keep fighting/they cut down her tree too/there are people in Atlanta occupying the land and saying enough is enough/there is no such thing as occupation when borders are fake but acting like Russia is the only country occupying another is so ludicrous/why do I have to go on DuckDuckGo to find what I’m looking for/I am scrolling past BS and finding papers with sources and mainstream articles that the algorithm hides/so you want to say that even the propaganda in our country is Russian/you really want to admit we are controlled by Russia/then burn us down too fuck/please don’t call the cops I am trying to think of anyone else you could call/don’t tell people to just r e a c h o u t we don’t need kindness like we need care/ sometimes I care too much and I have to learn to hold myself so I don’t spill open/I found a stone gargoyle holding himself and that makes more sense than breathing/just breathe/just sleep/repeat/onward.


--Kit Stitches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)