Not Knowing Still Haunts Me


Television glow battling bedroom darkness
Paying little attention
Straining eyes
No will to move
and put the light on



Agonising thoughts on repeat in my head
What did they get up to? Where does this leave me? Where does this leave us?
Last night
was painful and humiliating
Helplessly watching the side show unfold;
an unwilling spectator



A scenario devoid of understanding and definition
Limbo
I feel like calling it quits



Queasy feeling
An uneasy feeling
Immeasurable want
to punch a hole through the wall
selfish, and jealous
I can't apologise
I'm all too human
All too real

and I feel like calling it quits
 
 
--Simon L. Read

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had A Son, I Would Teach Him About Evolution

PUNK PROSE: Best by Jenna Brown

EDITOR'S NOTE: Something Old, Something New (aka WE'RE OPEN FOR REVIEW REQUESTS)